For Medicaid questions or concerns, please contact:

  • Eric Santos
    Medicaid Billing Specialist

成品人视频 and Wisconsin Medicaid, BadgerCare, and ForwardHealth working together to provide services to students with disabilities

The State of Wisconsin and the 成品人视频 participate in a Federal program called School-Based Services. The program assists school districts by providing partial reimbursement for medically-related services that are listed on a student’s Individual Educational Program (IEP).  Although this partial reimbursement is available only for students who are Medicaid, BadgerCare, or ForwardHealth eligible, services are provided to all students with disabilities regardless of their eligibility status

Consent to Submit Claims to Wisconsin Medicaid, BadgerCare, and ForwardHealth for School-Based Services

In October 2007, the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) issued a directive for all schools that are School-Based Services providers to have a signed and dated Consent to Bill Wisconsin Medicaid, BadgerCare and ForwardHealth for Medically Related Special Education and Related Services from the parent or guardian of a student with an Individualized Education Program (IEP) before claims can be submitted for payment.

How can I help assure my school district receives benefits from the School-Based Services program?

You can help by providing your written consent which allows 成品人视频 to continue to participate in the School-Based Services program. In the times of reduced state funding for schools, all reimbursements are extremely important.

What services are eligible for Medicaid, BadgerCare, and ForwardHealth reimbursement?

School-Based Services include:

  • Attendant Care Services
  • Speech/Language and Hearing Services
  • Occupational Therapy
  • Physical Therapy
  • Psychological Services
  • Social Work Services
  • Counseling
  • Nursing Services
  • Developmental Testing & Assessment
  • Transportation Services

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Is there a cost to me?
    There is NO cost to you! You child is entitled to a free and appropriate public education under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).

  • Which of my child’s services will be billed to Medicaid, BadgerCare, or ForwardHealth?
    Only those services that are reimbursable and identified on the IEP will be billed to Medicaid, BadgerCare, or ForwardHealth. The school needs your consent to bill for services.

  • Are there limitations to the services my child can receive?
    No. The frequency of services is determined by the IEP team.

  • Who decides what services are medically necessary?
    Necessary services are documented on the IEP, as recommendations at the IEP meeting.

  • What if my child loses Medicaid, BadgerCare, or ForwardHealth?
    This will not affect the services your child receives.

  • What if I have private insurance too?
    Your private insurance will not be affected by school-based service building.

  • Will it impact my family’s benefits?
    The School-Based Services program does NOT impact a family’s Medicaid, BadgerCare, or ForwardHealth services, funds, or limits. The School-Based Services program does not affect your family’s benefits in any way.